Does marketing fall to the bottom of your to-do list? Do you jump on Facebook, hoping it will magically help increase sales?
Unless you have a marketing plan and specific goals, social media and other free and inexpensive marketing tools can be a waste of time. Fortunately, even a simple marketing plan that focuses on a few manageable activities will help you make better use of your resources.
Here are some questions to address in your plan.
- Which tactics, sales, or promotions that you tried last year were most successful?
- What are your sales goals for the coming year?
- What are 3-5 things you can do that will help you achieve your goals?
- Who are your most loyal customers? Why do they keep coming back? (If you don’t know, ask!)
- Who are your most profitable customers? How did those customers find you?
- Which marketing tasks are you willing and able to do yourself? What can you delegate or hire someone to do?