Do you love being a consultant, but hate having to market yourself? You’re not alone.
Most consultants, freelancers and solopreneurs are experts in a particular field or industry, but unless they have a marketing background or a knack for social media, they dread sales and marketing.
If you hate marketing, but can’t afford to hire someone else to do it for you, create a simple plan that focuses on a few manageable activities that you can commit to doing on a regular basis. Here are some key questions to address in your plan.
- What’s your specific goal for the coming year?
- Who are your ideal customers?
- What’s the best way to make contact with your ideal customers?
- How will you record their contact information?
- How will you stay in contact with the people you know or meet?
- Are your tactics achieving your goal?